Printed from: www.grandmotherskitchen.net
Makes: 12 servings (These are large pieces, you could cut into smaller portions)
Crust and Topping:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup cold butter cut into cubes
Blueberry Bar Filling:
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sour cream
3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Grease a 9x13 baking dish with butter.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Start with the Crust and Topping:
4. Put the flour, butter cubes, sugar and pinch of salt into a mixing bowl.
5. Place on low speed and mix until a crumble texture forms.
6. Measure out one cup and set aside, reserving for the topping.
7. Transfer the rest of the mixture into the prepared baking dish and press down firmly, covering the bottom.
8. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, you can prepare the filling.
10. Whisk the eggs into a mixing bowl.
11. Add the sugar, flour, sour cream and pinch of salt and whisk together.
12. Set aside. Do not add the blueberries until the crust is out of the oven.
13. When the crust is ready, remove from the oven.
14. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter and spoon onto the crust evenly.
15. Sprinkle the remaining crust mixture over the top.
16. Place into the oven and bake for one hour or when the top is lightly browned.
17. Remove from the oven to a cooling pad.
18. Let sit at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Tip: If using frozen berries, just slightly defrost and if there are any ice crystals on the berries, rinse off.