Printed from: www.grandmotherskitchen.net
Makes 2 servings:
2 cups broccoli florets, washed and cut into nice bite sized pieces
1 red sweet bell pepper
1/2 cup sliced raw almonds
2 large lettuce leaves
3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 garlic clove, cut into slices
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 sprigs fresh parsley,cut up a little - enough to make a tablespoon
1. Use boiling water with one teaspoon salt added to it to cook the broccoli pieces. Once the salted water comes to a boil, add the broccoli. Be sure there is enough water to cover the broccoli pieces. Set the timer for 3 minutes. When the timer goes off remove from the heat and drain the water out immediately. Run cold water over the broccoli to stop the cooking process. Let drain then transfer the broccoli to paper towels. Spread the florets to give space on the paper towel so the moisture comes off of them. Transfer, paper towels included to a dish and place into the refrigerator to cool.
2. Cut the red pepper in half, and with a small paring knife cut off the stem and cut out the flesh. Remove the seeds. Cut into strips, then nice small chunks for the salad.
3. Transfer into a good size mixing bowl. Cover the bowl with wrap and refrigerate. One of our favorite reusable products is abeego food wrap.
4. While the veggies are cooling in the refrigerator, make the dressing.
5. Pour the vinegar, oil, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper and parsley into the Magic bullet mixer. Blend until smooth. Pour into a small container with a lid and refrigerate. Let everything sit refrigerated at least an hour so it will all be nice and cool.
6. To assemble, break the lettuce leaves into bite sized pieces. We did it all in one presentation bowl, but you can build into two individual serving dishes if that is your preference.
7. Remove all the ingredients from the refrigerator and pour the dressing into the cut up red peppers. Gently stir in to combine. Add the sliced almonds and stir to combine. Lastly add the broccoli and gently fold in. Cover and refrigerate. Do not put onto the prepared lettuce until just before you are serving and eating. That way the lettuce will not get soggy.
8. Gently spoon the salad onto the lettuce. Serve and enjoy.