Printed from: www.grandmotherskitchen.net
Makes: 8 biscuits
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 cup milk either whole or 2% milk
1/4 cup real mayonnaise (Do Not use lite or miracle whip)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line a 9x9 size baking dish with parchment paper.
3. Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a mixing bowl.
4. In another mixing bowl stir together the milk and mayonnaise with a whisk.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently mix together with a wooden spoon until combined.
6. Dump out onto your working area and use your hands to gently work together and roll into a fat log about 8 inches long.
7. The dough with appear textured and flaky and that is how it should look. Don't try to smooth it out.
8. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into 8 pieces. Again they will look irregular but that only adds to the beauty of the biscuits when they are baked.
9. Place the cut biscuits into the baking dish a put into the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Remove from the oven and let sit a couple of minutes then move the biscuits to a cooling rack.
11. Transfer to a serving dish.
12. They are just as tasty later at room temperature. The texture is light, fluffy and moist.