Printed from: www.grandmotherskitchen.net
Makes: 16 - 1/2 cup size servings
2 cups whipped cream ( you will need 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract)
1 small red apple washed, sliced think and cut into smaller pieces, we used Gala
1 (398ml) can crushed or diced pineapple, we used Dole crushed pineapple packed in its own juices, strained
1 (298ml) can Mandarin orange slices, we used Native Forest organic packed in its own juices strained
Tip: Save the juice from the canned from for smoothies or a yummy drink.
1 cup fresh seedless green grapes, washed and sliced in half
1 cup fresh seedless red grapes, washed and sliced in half
1 cup mini marshmallows, we used Dandies brand , non GMO natural ingredients
1 cup shredded coconut, we used organic non sweetened long shred coconut
1/4 cup natural plain yogurt, we used Tree Island, natural non-sweetened organic
1/2 cup cherries, we used frozen fresh organic cherries
Part 1: Make the whipping cream: (Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe)
1. Gather the whipping cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla.
2. Sift the confectioners' sugar to remove any lumps.
3. Pour whipping cream into chilled glass bowl.
4. Whip cream for about a minute.
5. Add vanilla extract and confectioners' sugar.
6. Whip for 2-3 minutes until it has thickened.
Part 2: Mix together the salad:
1. Place all the cut and prepared fruit ingredients into a bowl and stir together.
2. Add the yogurt, marshmallows and coconut and stir to combine.
3. Transfer to a larger mixing bowl if needed.
4. Add the whipping cream and fold together until all the ingredients are evenly coated and combined.
5. You can serve up the salad in a variety of colorful and fun ways.
6. Place into the refrigerator and cool for at least 2 hours before serving.
Recipe Idea & Tip: This ambrosia salad recipe is delicious frozen and served in this Icebox Ambrosia Salad Recipe.
Return to this Best Ambrosia Salad recipe or check out more recipes at Grandmother's Kitchen